Beighton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1664
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Aston cum Aughton
- Wales, Yorkshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BEIGHTON, a parish and a subdistrict in the district of Rotherham and county of Derby. The parish lies on the river Rother, and on the Eckington and Sheffield railway, 3 miles N of Eckington; contains a charmingly situated village of its own name; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Sheffield. Acres, 3,070. Real property, £8,864, of which £4,000 are in mines. Pop. 1,284. Houses, 263. Medicinal waters, which have been long in repute, are at Birley; and scythes and sickles are manufactured at Hackenthorpe. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £312. Patron, Earl Manvers. The church was partly restored, partly rebuilt, in 1869. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £34. The subdistrict, in addition to Beighton parish in Derby, comprises two parishes and part of another in Yorkshire. Acres, 10,656. Pop., 3,279. Houses, 675.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Beighton Derbyshire Marriages 1653-1837 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Rotherham
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Brampton
Poor Law Union: Rotherham