Beeley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1766 from chapelry in Bakewell Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Brampton St Thomas
- Chesterfield St Mary and All Saints
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BEELEY, a township-chapelry in Bakewell parish, Derby; on the river Derwent, adjacent to Chatsworth Park, 1¾ mile N of Rowsley r. station, and 3½ E by-S of Bakewell. Post Town, Rowsley, under Bakewell. Acres, 3,250. Real property, £1,134. Pop., 420. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. Millstone grit is quarried on Beeley moor. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £98. Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church is tolerable. Charities, £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bakewell
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield
Rural Deanery: Eyam
Poor Law Union: Bakewell
Hundred: High Peake