Barton Blount is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1763
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1762
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church Broughton
- Sutton on the Hill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARTON-BLOUNT, a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; on a tributary of the river Dove, 4 miles NNE of Tutbury r. station, and 10 W of Derby. Post Town, Church-Broughton, under Derby. Acres, 1,150. Real property, £2,301. Pop., 73. Houses, 7. The property is not much divided. Barton Hall is the seat of F. Bradshaw, Esq. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £69. Patron, F. Bradshaw, Esq. The church is excellent.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Cubley
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent