Barlow is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1724 from Staveley Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Great Barlow
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1573
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1668
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARLOW (Great), a chapelry in Staveley parish, Derby; on a small stream, 4¼ miles NW of Chesterfield r. station. It has a post office, of the name of Barlow, under Chesterfield. Acres, 3,760. Real property, £2,966. Pop., 682. Houses, 137. The property is divided among a few. Barlow-Grange is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £95. Patron, the Rector of Staveley. The church is good. Charities, £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chesterfield
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Brampton
Poor Law Union: Chesterfield