Barlborough is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1648
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1664
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARLBOROUGH, a parish in the district of Work sop and county of Derby; near the Chesterfield canal, 2 miles E of Eckington r. station, and 8 NE of Chesterfield. It has a post office under Chesterfield. Acres, 3,220. Real property, £7,029; of which £1,738 are in mines. Pop., 1,170. Houses, 231. The property is divided among a few. Barlborough Hall, an edifice in the Tudor style, is the seat of W. H. de Rodes, Esq. Coal and iron stone are worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £750. Patron, W. H. de Rodes, Esq. The church was repaired in 1859. An almshouse, founded in 1752, has £69, and other charities £13.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Worksop
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Staveley
Poor Law Union: Worksop