Wetheral with Warwick, Cumberland

Wetheral with Warwick is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cumberland, created in 1815 from Warwick chapelry and Wetheral Ancient Parish.

Other places in the parish include: Aglionby, Coathill, Cotehill, Cotehill with Cumwhinton, Cumwhinton, Cumwhinton and Coathill, Great Corby, Little Corby, Scotby, Warwick, and Warwick Bridge.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1674; Separate registers exist for Warwick: 1684

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Wetheral with Warwick

  • Stanwix
  • Scaleby
  • Carlisle St Cuthbert
  • Cumwhitton
  • Holme Eden
  • Irthington
  • Crosby on Eden
  • Armathwaite
  • Hesket in the Forest
  • Ainstable

Historical Descriptions


The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851

Aglionby, a township in the parish of Warwick, Cumberland; 2¾ miles east of Carlisle, and about 1 north of the Carlisle and Newcastle railway. Pop., in 1801, 92; in 1831, 107. Houses 20.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.


  • County: Cumberland
  • Civil Registration District: Carlisle
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Carlisle (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Carlisle
  • Rural Deanery: Carlisle
  • Poor Law Union: Carlisle
  • Hundred: Cumberland Ward; Eskdale Ward
  • Province: York