Threlkeld is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cumberland, created in 1747 from chapelry in Greystoke Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1573
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1646
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- St John's in the Vale
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
THRELKELD, a chapelry in Greystoke parish, Cumberland; on the Penrith and Cockermouth railway, under Saddleback mountain, 4 miles ENE of Keswick. It has a post-office under Windermere, and a r. station with telegraph. Acres, 4710. Real property, £2,216. Pop., 1,380. Houses, 75. T. Hall was the seat of Sir L. Threlkeld, in the time of Henry VII.; became the retreat of "the good Lord Clifford," in his persecuted boyhood; is now partly ruinous, partly a farmhouse; and is noticed by Wordsworth in his "Waggoner." The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £60. Patron, the Earl of Lonsdale.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Penrith
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Carlisle (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Allerdale
Poor Law Union: Penrith
Hundred: Leath Ward