Plumpton Wall is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cumberland, created in 1769 from chapelry in Lazonby Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Brockleymoor, Plumpton, Salkeld Gate and Brockleymoor, Salkeld Gates and Brockleymoor
Other places in the parish include: Old Penrith.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1828
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1828
- Hesket in the Forest
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PLUMPTON-WALL, a township-chapelry in Lazonby parish, Cumberland; on Watling-street and the river Petteril, 1½ mile N of Plumpton r. station, and 6 N by W of Penrith. Post-town, Lazonby, under Penrith. Acres, 3,021. Real property, £3,541. Pop., 326. Houses, 57. Old Penrith, with the site of a Roman station, is in the vicinity. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £49. Patron, J. Dixon, Esq. There is an endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Penrith
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Carlisle (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Allerdale
Poor Law Union: Penrith
Hundred: Leath Ward