Mount Pleasant is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cumberland, created in 1845 from St Bees Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Preston Quarter.
Alternative names: Whitehaven Christ Church
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1848
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Table of Contents
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
A church-district named Mount-Pleasant was endowed in 1845 by the Ecclesiastical Commission: its church, dedicated to Christ, was consecrated in September 1847. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of the Crown and the Bishop of the diocese, alternately; income, £150.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Cumberland
- Civil Registration District: Whitehaven
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Carlisle (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Carlisle
- Rural Deanery: Copeland
- Poor Law Union: Whitehaven
- Hundred: Allerdale above Derwent Ward
- Province: York