Mosser is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cumberland, created in 1774 from a chapelry in Brigham Ancient Parish.
Parish church: St. Philip
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1781
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1803
Table of Contents
- Adjacent Parishes
- Parish History
- Parish Records
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MOSSER, a township-chapelry in Brigham parish, Cumberland; on the river Cocker, under Whinfield fell, 4 miles S of Cockermouth r. station. Post-town, Cockermouth. Acres, 1,018. Real property, £1,171. Pop., 88. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to General Wyndham. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £44. Patron, the Earl of Lonsdale. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
MOSSER, a chapelry, in the parish of Brigham, union of Cockermouth, Allerdale ward above Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, 4½ miles (S.) from Cockermouth; containing 107 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy; income, £44; patron, the Earl of Lonsdale. The chapel is dedicated to St. Philip.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Cumberland
- Civil Registration District: Cockermouth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries – Copeland
- Diocese: Carlisle
- Rural Deanery: Copeland
- Poor Law Union: Cockermouth
- Hundred: Allerdale above Derwent Ward
- Province: York