Lamplugh is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cumberland.
Other places in the parish include: Kelton, Murton, and Winder.
Parish registers begin: 1581
MURTON, or MOORTOWN, a township in Lamplugh parish, Cumberland; 8 miles ENE of Whitehaven. Real property, £1,380; of which £350 are in mines. Pop., 156. The manor belongs to J. L. Raper, Esq. Hardware manufacture is carried on.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].