Hayton (near Aspatria) is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cumberland, created in 1741 from chapelry in Aspatria Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Hayton and Mealo
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1945
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HAYTON, a township and a chapelry in Aspatria parish, Cumberland; on the coast, 2½ miles W of Aspatria r. station. They have a post-office under Maryport. The township includes Mealo, and comprises 1,971 acres. Pop., 390. The chapelry was constituted in 1867. Pop., 1,095. The living is a rectory. Value, £300.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
- County: Cumberland
- Civil Registration District: Wigton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Carlisle (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Carlisle
- Rural Deanery: Allerdale
- Poor Law Union: Wigton
- Hundred: Allerdale below Derwent Ward
- Province: York