Grinsdale is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cumberland.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1738
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1668
- Carlisle Holy Trinity
- Kirkandrews on Eden with Beaumont
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GRINSDALE, a parish in Carlisle district, Cumberland; on the river Eden, the Roman wall, and the Carlisle and Silloth railway, 2¾ miles NW of Carlisle. Posttown, Carlisle. Acres, 890. Real property, £1,174. Pop., 100. house, 23. The property is divided among a few. The manor formerly belonged to the family of De Grinsdale. The traces of the Roman wall here are now very slight. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £108. Patron, Joseph Dacre, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1739, and is not good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cumberland
- Civil Registration District: Carlisle
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Carlisle (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Carlisle
- Rural Deanery: Carlisle
- Poor Law Union: Carlisle
- Hundred: Cumberland Ward
- Province: York