Embleton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cumberland, created in 1747 from chapelry in Brigham Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1626
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1676
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EMBLETON, a chapelry, with a r. station, in Brigham parish, Cumberland; on the railway to Penrith, 2¾ miles E by S of Cockermouth. Post town, Cockermouth. Acres, 3,870. Real property, £4,179. Pop., 363. Houses, 73. The property is much subdivided. The surface is chiefly a pleasant vale, watered by a streamlet from the Wythop fells. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £97. Patron, the Earl of Lonsdale. The church is modern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Church records - Indexes
- County: Cumberland
- Civil Registration District: Cockermouth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Copeland
- Diocese: Carlisle
- Rural Deanery: Copeland
- Poor Law Union: Cockermouth
- Hundred: Allerdale above Derwent Ward
- Province: York