Arlecdon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cumberland.
Other places in the parish include: Frizingtone, Whilleymore, Whillymore, and Frizington.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1730
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1720
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Salter and Eskett
- St Bees
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ARLECDON, a parish in Whitehaven district, Cumberland; 4¾ miles E by N of Parton r. station, and 5½ ENE of Whitehaven. It includes the townships of Frizington and Whillymore; and its Post Town is Whitehaven. Acres, 5,700. Real property, £18,793, of which £15,407 are in mines. Pop., 1,550. Houses, 254. The property is much subdivided. Coal, lime, and ironstone are worked; and there is a good chalybeate spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £100. Patron, the Bishop of Carlisle. The church was built in 1829. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Whitehaven
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Copeland
Rural Deanery: Copeland
Poor Law Union: Whitehaven
Hundred: Allerdale above Derwent Ward