Wendron is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Rame, Treloguithack, and Porkellis.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1597
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Bible Christian Methodist, Independent/Congregational, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
- St Mawgan with St Martin in Meneage
- Cury with Gunwalloe
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WENDRON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Helston district, Cornwall. The village stands 2¾ miles NNE of Helston, and 7½ SSE of Camborne r. station; and has fairs on 18 May and 27 July. The parish includes Helston, which has a head post-office, designated Helston, Cornwall. Acres, exclusive of Helston, 13,029; inclusive of H., 13,320. Real property, exc. of H., £17,133, of which £4,282 are in mines; inc. of H., £27,818, of which £10 are in iron-works, and £60 in gasworks. Pop. in 1851, exc. of H., 5,320, inc. of H., 8,675; in 1861, exc. of H., 6,008, inc. of H., 9,851. Houses, exc. of H., 1,165; inc. of H., 1,917. The increase of pop., in the rural parts, arose from the working of a tin mine. Druidical circles are at Carnmenellis and the Nine Maidens. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £876. Patron, Queen's College, Oxford. The vicarage of Helston and the p. curacy of Carnmenellis are separate benefices. There are several dissenting chapels, and charities £8. The sub-district excludes Helston, but includes Sithney parish, and comprises 18,927 acres. Pop., 9,314. Houses, 1,822.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Helston
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Kerrier
- Poor Law Union: Helston
- Hundred: Kerrier
- Province: Canterbury