Warbstow is a chapelry of Treneglos Ancient Parish in Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Canworthy Water.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1695
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1612
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WARBSTOW, a parish in Launceston district, Cornwall; 8½ miles WNW of Launceston r. station. Post town, Camelford. Acres, 4,104. Real property, £2,153. Pop., 419. Houses, 82. W. barrow is a large ancient fortification; and has, in its centre, a mound locally called King Arthur's grave. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Treneglos. There are two dissenting chapels and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Launceston
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Trigg Major
- Poor Law Union: Launceston
- Hundred: Lesnewth
- Province: Canterbury