Tideford is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cornwall, created in 1847 from St Germans Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Society of Friends/Quaker
- Landrake with St Erney
- St Germans
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TIDEFORD, a chapelry in St. Germans parish, Cornwall; 1 mile NNE of St. Germans r. station. It was constituted in 1852; and it has a post-office under St. Germans, Cornwall, and a fair on 18 Jan. Pop., 913. Houses, 198. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £102. Patron, the Incumbent of St. Germans. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: St Germans
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: East
- Poor Law Union: St Germans
- Hundred: East (Cornwall)
- Province: Canterbury