St Wenn is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1706
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1609
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WENN (St.), a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; 4 miles ENE of St. Columb-Major, and 12 W of Bodmin-Road r. station. It was known at Domesday as San Wena; and it has two annual fairs. Post town, Bodmin. Acres, 4,546. Real property, £3,352. Pop. in 1851, 650; in 1861, 580. Houses, 120. Tregotha, now a farmhouse, was the birthplace of Archbishop Tregury of the 15th century. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £161.* Patron, W. Rashleigh, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1825, and. restored in 1868. There are a Wesleyan chapel and national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: St Columb
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Pydar
- Poor Law Union: St Columb Major
- Hundred: Pyder
- Province: Canterbury