St Tudy is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Tremear.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TUDY (St.), a parish, with a village, in Bodmin district, Cornwall; 8¾ miles N by W of Bodmin-Road r. station. It has a post-office under Bodmin, and fairs on 20 May and 14 Sept. Acres, 3,257. Real property, £3,866. Pop., 570. Houses, 117. The property is subdivided. Hengar House is a seat of Sir H. Onslow. Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter, Value, £700. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is good. The physician Lower and the dramatist Sir W. Lower were natives.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Bodmin
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Trigg Minor
- Poor Law Union: Bodmin
- Hundred: Trigg
- Province: Canterbury