St Teath is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Pengelly, Treligga, and Medrose.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TEATH (St.), a parish in Camelford district, Cornwall; 3 miles SW of Camelford, and 14 N by W of Bodmin-Road r. station. It has a post-office under Camelford, and two annual fairs. Acres, 5,899; of which 60 are water. Real property, £7,169; of which £1,407 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 2,204; in 1861, 1,980. Houses, 405. The decrease of pop. arose from the closing of mines and slate quarries. Nearly half of the property belongs to the Hon. G. Fortescue, and the rest is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £205. Patron, the Bishop of E. The church is of the time of Henry VII. and good. There is a Wesleyan chapel. Governor Bligh, of the Bounty, was a native.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Camelford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Trigg Minor
- Poor Law Union: Camelford
- Hundred: Trigg
- Province: Canterbury