St Stithians is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall. Perran-ar-worthal is a chapelry of St Stithians.
Other places in the parish include: Hendra.
Alternative names: Stithians
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1656
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1597
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- St Gluvias
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STITHIANS (St.), a parish in Redruth district, Cornwall; 4 miles SW of Redruth r. station. It has a post-office under Perran-Arworthal, Cornwall. Acres, 4,291. Real property, £4,851. Pop., 2,358. Houses, 490. There are tin veins, powder-mills, paper-mills, Druidical stones, and ancient sculptured crosses. The living is a vicarage, united with Perran-Arworthal, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £377. Patron, the Earl of Falmouth. The church is ancient. There are Wesleyan and Bible Christian chapels.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Redruth
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Kerrier
- Poor Law Union: Redruth
- Hundred: Kerrier
- Province: Canterbury