St Petroc Minor Cornwall Family History Guide

St Petroc Minor is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall

Alternative names:

  • Little Petherick
  • Nassington

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1706
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608

Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist

Adjacent Parishes

  • St Issey
  • St Columb Major
  • St Ervan
  • Padstow

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

PETHERICK (Little), a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on a creek of the Camel estuary, 2 miles S of Padstow, and 13½ NW by W of Bodmin-Road r.station. It has a fair on 14 June; and its post town is Padstow, Cornwall. Acres, 1,215. Real property, £1,386. Pop., 236. Houses, 47. The manor belongs to J. Paynter, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £203. Patrons, the Representatives of the late Sir W. Molesworth. The church is ancient, was restored in 1831, has an ivy-clad tower, and contains a copy of Fox’s Book of Martyrs of 1684.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

  • County: Cornwall
  • Civil Registration District: St Columb
  • Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Court of the Bishop of Exeter (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Exeter
  • Rural Deanery: Pre-1848 – None, Post-1847 – Pydar
  • Poor Law Union: St Columb
  • Hundred: Pyder
  • Province: Canterbury