St Minver is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: St Minver Lowlands, Porthilly, Trebetherick, Rock, St Minver Highlands, St Michael Rock, and St Enodoc.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist, Society of Friends/Quaker, Wesleyan Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist Association, and Wesleyan Methodist Reform.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MINVER (ST.), a parish in Bodmin district, Cornwall; on the coast, 3½ miles NW by N of Wadebridge, and 12½ NW of Bodmin-Road r. station. It is cut into two divisions, Highlands and Lowlands. Post-town, Wadebridge, Cornwall. Acres, 8,683; of which 1,105 are water. Real property, £8,278. Pop. of the H. div., in 1851, 757; in 1861, 626. Houses, 117. The decrease of pop. arose from the discontinuance of mining operations, and from emigration. Pop. of the L. div., in 1851, 468; in 1861, 485. Houses, 116. The manor was known, at Domesday, as Rosminver; and belonged to Bodmin priory. St. Minver House, Trevelvir, and Trewornon are chief residences. A creek comes up the SE boundary, and has a quay for the shipment of corn. A copper mine was formerly worked. The living is a vi= carage in the diocese of Exeter. Value and patron, not reported. The church stands in the H. div; and has a tower, with a lofty spire. Two chapels of ease, called St. Michael’s and St. Enodoc’s, are in the L. div. There are chapels for Quakers and Wesleyans, and charities, £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Bodmin
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Trigg Minor
- Poor Law Union: Bodmin
- Hundred: Trigg
- Province: Canterbury