St Mellion is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1609
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MELLION (ST.), a village and a parish in St. Germans district, Cornwall. The village stands 2 miles W of the river Tamar at the boundary with Devon, 3 SSE of Callington, and 5¾ NW of Saltash r. station; and has a post office, designated St. Mellion, Cornwall. The parish comprises 2,985 acres. Real property, £1,775. Pop., 299. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. Newton House belonged to the Ferrers; passed to the Corytons and the Hallyans; and belongs now to E. Collins, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £232. Patron, A. Coryton, Esq. The church is later English; was restored in 1862, at a cost of more than £1,000; and contains some curious effigies and armours of the Corytons of the 15th century.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: St Germans
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: East
- Poor Law Union: St Germans
- Hundred: East (Cornwall)
- Province: Canterbury