St Ive is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
- St Eve
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1683
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1614
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- South Hill
- St Mellion
- St Cleer
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
IVE (ST.), a parish in Liskeard district, Cornwall; on the river Lynher, 4 miles SW of Callington, and 5 NE of Liskeard r. station. It has a post office under Liskeard. Acres, 5,780. Real property, £6,048; of which £850 are in mines, and £34 in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 1,013; in 1861, 2,593. Houses, 472. The increase of pop. arose from the extension of mining operations. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Valne, £362. Patron, the Crown. The church is chiefly of the 14th century; has one transept, a handsome tower, and a fine chancel; and contains good sedilia, a piscina, and a monument to Sir Boucher Wray. There are dissenting chapels, and charities £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Liskeard
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: East
- Poor Law Union: Liskeard
- Hundred: East (Cornwall)
- Province: Canterbury