St Eval is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Tregona.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1695
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1612
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist, Independent/Congregational, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Reform.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EVAL (St.), a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on the coast, 4½ miles NW by W of St. Columb-Major, and 14 NW of St. Austell r. station. Post town, St. Columb, Cornwall. Acres, 2,886. Real property, £3,646. Pop., 295. Houses, 61. The property is sub-divided. Trethvall was the seat of the Nanfans. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £162. Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church was built in 1727, has a lofty tower, and is a landmark to mariners. There are two dissenting chapels.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: St Columb
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Court of the Bishop of Exeter (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1848 – None, Post-1847 – Pydar
- Poor Law Union: St Columb Major
- Hundred: Pyder
- Province: Canterbury