St Ervan is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Rumford.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1674
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ERVAN (St.), a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on the coast, 4 miles SSW of Padstow, and 14 NW of St. Austell r. station. Post town, St. Issey, Cornwall. Acres, 3,218; of which 110 are water. Real property, £2,942. Pop., 437. Houses, 89. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £405. Patron, the Rev. H. N. Barton. The church is good; and there are chapels for Wesleyans and Plymouth Brethren.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
ERVAN, ST., a parish, in the union of St. Columb, hundred of Pyder, E. division of Cornwall, 4 miles (S. S. W.) from Padstow; containing 477 inhabitants. It comprises 2958 acres, of which 550 are common land or waste. Fairs are held on the 29th of May, at Churchtown and the hamlet of Penrose, in the parish, for cattle and sheep. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £18. 6. 8., and in the gift of Sir W. Molesworth, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £380, and the glebe comprises 60 acres. The church is a neat edifice in the later English style. There are places of worship for Bryanites and Wesleyans.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: St Columb
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Court of the Bishop of Exeter (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1848 – None, Post-1847 – Pydar
- Poor Law Union: St Columb Major
- Hundred: Pyder
- Province: Canterbury