St Clement is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Malpas.
Alternative names: St Clements
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CLEMENT (St.), a parish and a sub-district in Truro district, Cornwall. The parish lies on the Tresilian creek, or head of the Fal estuary, adjacent to the Cornwall railway, 2 miles SE of Truro; and contains a work-house. Post town, Truro. Acres, 3,494. Real property, £12,680. Pop., 3,731. Houses, 731. The property is much subdivided. Conor manor belongs to the duchy of Cornwall; and Polwhele belonged to the county historian Polwhele. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of St. Paul’s, under the rectory of Truro-St. Mary, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £390. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church includes a transept of the 13th century; and is good. A very ancient inscribed cross is at the village. Charities, £12. The sub-district contains four parishes. Acres, 11,692. Pop., 8,089. Houses, 1,613.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Truro
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Powder
- Poor Law Union: Truro
- Hundred: Powder
- Province: Canterbury