St Allen is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1680
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1611
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALLEN (St.), a parish in Truro district, Cornwall; on the Allen rivulet, 4½ miles N by W of Truro r. station. Post Town, Truro. Acres, 3,501. Real property. £2,785. Pop., 687. Houses, 133. The property is divided among a few. Many of the inhabitants are miners. An old edifice, now a farmhouse, was the seat of the Bevills. An ancient camp, with triple ditch, occurs at Gwarnike. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £174. Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Truro
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Powder
- Poor Law Union: Truro
- Hundred: Powder
- Province: Canterbury