Philleigh is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
- Eglos Rose
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1733
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1597
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PHILLEIGH, or Filley, a parish in Truro district, Cornwall; on the river Fal, 5 miles SSE of Truro r. station. Post-town, Grampound, Cornwall. Acres, 2,392; of which 15 are water. Real property, £2,475. Pop., 363. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £350. Patron, the Rev. W. Fookes. The church was reported in 1859 as bad.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Truro
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Powder
- Poor Law Union: Truro
- Hundred: Powder
- Province: Canterbury