Alternative names: St Agnes St John the Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1847
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MOUNT-HAWKE, a chapelry in the parishes of St. Agnes and Illogan, Cornwall; near the coast, 2½ miles N by W of Scorrier-Gate r. station, and 4¼ NNE of Redruth. It was constituted in 1846; and it has a postoffice under Scorrier. Pop. in 1861, 2,226. Houses, 465. Pop. of the St. Agnes portion, 2,024. Houses, 424. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £130. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Redruth; Truro
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Pydar
- Poor Law Union: Truro
- Hundred: Penwith; Pyder
- Province: Canterbury