Mithian is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cornwall, created in 1846 from Kenwyn Ancient Parish, Kea chapelry in Kenwyn Ancient Parish, Perranzabuloe Ancient Parish, St Agnes Ecclesiastical Parish, and Chacewater Ecclesiastical Parish.
Alternative names: St Agnes St Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1848
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MITHIAN, a chapelry in St. Agnes, Kea, Kenwyn, and Perranzabuloe parishes, Cornwall; near the coast, 6½ miles NW of Truro r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post town is Truro. Pop. in 1861, 2,085. Houses, 449. Pop. of the St. Agnes portion, 1,158; of the Kea portion, 131; of the Kenwyn portion, 486. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £160. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1862; and is in the decorated English style, cruciform, with W tower and spire.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Truro
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Pydar
- Poor Law Union: Truro
- Hundred: Powder; Pyder
- Province: Canterbury