Lannarth is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cornwall, created in 1844 from Gwennap Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Gwennap Christ Church, Lanner
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LANNARTH, or LANNER, a village and a chapelry in Gwennap parish, Cornwall. The village stands 1¾ mile SE of Redruth r. station; and has a post-office, of the name of Lanner, under Redruth. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Rated property, £7,874. Pop., 2,615. Houses, 569. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £183. Patron, the Rev. John Tucker. The church was reported in 1859 as not good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Redruth
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Kerrier
- Poor Law Union: Redruth
- Hundred: Kerrier
- Province: Canterbury