Lamorran is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Tresillian.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1572
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1621
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LAMORRAN, a parish in Truro district, Cornwall; on a creek of its own name, in the upper part of the Falmouth estuary, 4½ miles SE of Truro r. station. Post-town, Tregony, under Grampound, Cornwall. Acres, 1,234. Real property, £1,041. Pop., 92. Houses, 14. The manor belonged to the Haleps; and passed through the Molesworths and others, to the Boscawens. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £193. Patron, Viscount Falmouth. The church is ancient: has an ivied tower, still more ancient: was restored in 1854; and has a painted window of 1858. An ancient granite cross is near it. Charities £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Truro
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Powder
- Poor Law Union: Truro
- Hundred: Powder
- Province: Canterbury