Hessenford is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cornwall, created in 1834 from St Germans Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: St Germans St Anne, St Germans St Nicholas
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1834
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1834
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HESSENFORD, a village and a chapelry in St. Germans parish, Cornwall. The village stands in a deep wooded bottom, on the river Seaton, 3 miles W of St. Germans r. station; and has a fair on May 20. The chapelry was constituted in 1852. Post town, St. Germans, Cornwall. Pop., 963. Houses, 209. The land extends to the coast; and many of the inhabitants are fishermen. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £100. Patron, the Incumbent of St. Germans.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: St Germans
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: East
- Poor Law Union: St Germans
- Hundred: East (Cornwall)
- Province: Canterbury