Halsetown is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cornwall, created in 1846 from St Ives Ecclesiatical Parish.
Alternative names: Halestown, Halse Town, St Ives St John’s in the Fields
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1848
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HALESTOWN, or HALSETOWN, a village and a chapelry in St. Ives parish, Cornwall The village is suburban to St. Ives; stands near the great tin mine called St. Ives Consols, 4 miles NW of Hayle; is a modern place; and has a fair on 12 Sept. The chapelry was constituted in 1846; and its post town is St. Ives, Cornwall. Pop., 1,940. Houses, 392. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £160. Patron, R. Hichens, Esq. The church was built in 1860, at a cost of £2,786; is in the early decorated English style; and consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with porch and vestry.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Penzance
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Penwith
- Poor Law Union: Penzance
- Hundred: Penwith
- Province: Canterbury