Egloskerry is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1573
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1610
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EGLOSKERRY, a parish in Launceston district, Cornwall; on an affluent of the river Tamar, 4¼ miles WNW of Launceston r. station, and 16 N of Liskeard. It has a post office under Launceston. Acres, 3,235. Real property, £2,653. Pop., 510. Houses, 96. The property is divided among a few. Penheal was the seat of the Speccots and others. Blue felspar and manganese occur. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Tremaine, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £111. Patron, the Rev. H. A. Simcoe. The church is ancient but good; and has a tower. Charities, £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Launceston
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Trigg Major
- Poor Law Union: Launceston
- Hundred: East (Cornwall)
- Province: Canterbury