Egloshayle is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Burlorne, Burlawn, Washaway, and Wadebridge.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1600
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist, Independent/Congregational, Presbyterian, Society of Friends/Quaker, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EGLOSHAYLE, a village, a parish, and a sub-district in Bodmin district, Cornwall. The village stands on the river Camel, ¾ of a mile SE of Wadebridge, and 9 NW of Bodmin-Road r. station; and is a seat of petty sessions. The parish comprises 5,618 acres of land, and 130 of water. Post town, Wadebridge, Cornwall. Real property, £6,616. Pop., 1,479. Houses, 303. The property is divided among a few. Pencarron has remains of a castle and an ancient camp, and belongs to the Rev. Sir Paul W. Molesworth, Bart. Park belonged to the Peverells. Ancient barrows occur at Kerry Rounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. . Value, 327. Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church has a tower and a curious stone pulpit; and is good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and United Free Methodists. Charities, £12. The sub-district contains also three other parishes. Acres, 25,674. Pop., 4,964. Houses, 1,072.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
People who were declared bankrupt and the date of bankruptcy.
Corkhill John Avery, Wadebridge, Cornwall, money scrivener, Nov. 10, 1829.
Evans Samuel James, Wadebridge, Cornwall, tallow chandler, March 13, 1829.
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Bodmin
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Court of the Bishop of Exeter (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1848 – None, Post-1847 – Trigg Minor
- Poor Law Union: Bodmin
- Hundred: Trigg
- Province: Canterbury