Duloe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1668
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
Nonconformists include: Society of Friends/Quaker, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
- St Keyne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DULOE, a parish in Liskeard parish, Cornwall; near the Liskeard canal, 3½ miles N by W of West Looe, and 4 S by W of Liskeard r. station. It has a post office under Liskeard. Acres, 5,844. Real property, £4,561. Pop, 1,096. Houses, 207. The property is divided among a few. Treworgy House was the seat of the Kendalls; and passed to the Inches. There are, in the parish, a mutilated Druidical circle, about 30 feet in diameter, and a famous well, anciently dedicated to St. Cuby, and popularly called St. Kiby's well. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £529. Patron, Baliol College, Oxford. The church is ancient, with embattled tower; contains numerous old tombs and brasses; and was restored, in 1861, at a cost of about £2,300. The vicarage of Herodsfoot is a separate benefice. Charities, £13. Dean Miller was a native; and Dr. Scott, the Greek lexicographer, was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Liskeard
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
Rural Deanery: West
Poor Law Union: Liskeard
Hundred: West (Cornwall)