Cubert is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Alternative names: Cuthbert, St Cuthbert
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CUBERT, or Cuthbert, a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on the coast, near Holywell bay, 5½ miles WNW of St. Michael, and 8 ½ N by W of Truro r. station. Post town, New Quay, under St. Columb. Acres, 2,518; of which 75 are water. Real property, £3,486. Pop., 420. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. Some mining is carried on; and there is a petrifying spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £180. Patron, the Rev. H. Hosken. The church stands on a hill; contains monuments of the Hoskens and others; and is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: St Columb
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Pydar
- Poor Law Union: St Columb Major
- Hundred: Pyder
- Province: Canterbury