Crantock is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1597
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CRANTOCK, a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on the coast, at the mouth of the river Gannel, 9 miles WSW of St. Columb-Major, and 10½ N by W of Truro r. station. Post town, Newquay, under St. Columb. Acres, 2,552; of which 95 are water. Real property, £2,823. Pop., 381. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. Treago and Tregonell were old seats of respectively the Mynorses and the Tregonells. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £78. Patron, Lord Churston. The church belonged to a college, founded here, by the bishops of Bodmin, before the Conquest; and is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: St Columb
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Pydar
- Poor Law Union: St Columb Major
- Hundred: Pyder
- Province: Canterbury