Baldhu, Cornwall Family History Guide

Baldhu St Michael and All Angels an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cornwall, created in 1847 from Kenwyn, Cornwall Ancient Parish, Kea, Cornwall chapelry, and Chacewater, Cornwall Ecclesiastical Parish.

Status: Ecclesiastical Parish

Parish church: St Michael and All Angels

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1847
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: None

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Baldhu

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

BALDHU, a chapelry in Kea and Kenwyn parishes, Cornwall; in the northern vicinity of Truro r. station Post Town, Truro. Rated property, £2,000. Pop. 2,070. Houses, 427. The property is not much divided The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £200. Patron, Viscount Falmouth. The church is very good. The chapelry was constituted in 1846.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Family History Links

FamilySearch – Birth Marriage & Death records, Census, Migration & Naturalization and Military records – Free

Cornwall OPC

The Cornwall OPC parish page for Baldhu has a wealth of information for the parish including an online searchable database of parish registers.

Other records from Cornwall OPC include:

Coroners' Inquests:

1860 William RENFREY

1868 Samuel RUTLEY

1870 Richard JOHNSON

1872 Jeremiah DEBLE

Deaths, Funeral Accounts and Obituaries:

1871 Richard WILLIAMS

FamilySearch Catalog

Church Records

Parish registers for Baldhu, 1847-1978 Author: Church of England. Chapelry of Baldhu (Cornwall); Cornwall Record Office

Schools

School admission registers, 1924-1953 Author: Baldhu School (Cornwall)

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

  • County: Cornwall
  • Civil Registration District: Truro
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
  • Diocese: Exeter
  • Rural Deanery: Powder
  • Poor Law Union: Truro
  • Hundred: Powder
  • Province: Canterbury