Advent is a parish in Cornwall. Advent was formerly a chapelry in the parish of Lanteglos.
Parish church: St Athwenna
Parish registers begin: 1709
Nonconformists include: Methodists
Advent, a parish in Camelford district, Cornwall; on Camel river, 2 miles S of Camelford, and 11 N of Bodmin-Road r. station, Post Town, Camelford. Acres, 4,059. Real property, £1,626. Pop., 208. Houses, 45. The property is much subdivided. A copper mine is worked. The living is a rectory, annexed to Lanteglos, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is bad. An ancient weather-worn granite cross, about 9 feet high, stands in a field a short way from the church.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Advent, or St. Adven, formerly a chapelry in the parish of Lanteglos, now a distinct parish in the hund. of Lesnewth, Camelford union, Cornwall; 2 miles south from Camelford. Living, subordinate to the rectory of Lanteglos, in the archd. of Cornwall and dio. of Exeter. A copper-mine is wrought here. Pop., in 1801, 170; in 1831, 244. Houses 50. Acres 4,020. A. P. £1,396. Poor rates, in 1837, £110.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Advent, or St. Adven, formerly a chapelry in the parish of Lanteglos, now a distinct parish in the hundred of Lesnewth, county of CORNWALL, 1¾ mile (S.) from Camelford, containing 229 inhabitants. The living, united with that of Lanteglos, forms a consolidated rectory, in the patronage of the King, as Duke of Cornwall. A copper mine is worked here, but it is not very productive.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Advent, 2 m. N. Camelford. P. 291
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.