Whitegate is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Other places in the parish include: Marton near Northwich, Darnhall, and Marton.
Alternative names: New Church
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1565
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1576
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist Association
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WHITEGATE, a village and a parish in Northwich district, Cheshire. The village stands 2 miles S by W of Hartford r. station, and 3½ SW of Northwich; is sometimes called Newchurch; and has a post-office under Northwich. The parish comprises Marton and Darnhall townships, and parts of Over and Weaverham. Acres of Marton and Darnhall, 4,384. Rated property of the parish, £12,353. Pop., 1,535. Houses, 293. Vale Royal is the seat of Lord Delamere; and Darnhall, of J. Haigh, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £240. Patron, Lord Delamere. The church was built in 1726. There are a parochial school, and charities £24.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Northwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Middlewich
- Poor Law Union: Northwich
- Hundred: Eddisbury
- Province: York