Weston is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1841 from Wybunbury Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Weston near Crewe, Weston by Crewe
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1843
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1843
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Barthomley, Staffordshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WESTON, a township and a chapelry in Wybunbury parish, Cheshire. The township lies 2 miles SE of Crewe r. station. Acres, 1,851. Real property, £3,136. Pop., 500. Houses, 93. The manor belongs to Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart. The chapelry was constituted in 1840. Post town, Nantwich. Pop ., 673. Houses, 124. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £54. Patron, Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart. The church was built in 1842. There are a Wesleyan chapel and some charities.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Nantwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Nantwich
- Poor Law Union: Nantwich
- Hundred: Nantwich
- Province: York