Warmingham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Other places in the parish include: Moston, Tetton, and Elton.
Alternative names: Arlescote
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1570’s
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WARMINGHAM, a township in Nantwich district, and a parish partly also in Congleton district, Cheshire. The township lies 1¾ mile W of Sandbach r. station, and has a post-office under Sandbach. Acres, 2,028. Real property, £3,228. Pop., 358. Houses, 71. The parish contains three other townships, and comprises 4,730 acres. Pop., 1,205. Houses, 238. The property is divided among a few. There are brass and iron foundries, an agricultural-implement manufactory, extensive bone-works, and extensive brick and tile yards. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £650. Patron, Lord Crewe. The church was rebuilt in 1797. There are two Wesleyan chapels, an endowed school with £21 a year, and charities £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Nantwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Middlewich
- Poor Law Union: Nantwich
- Hundred: Northwich
- Province: York