Warburton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1611
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WARBURTON, a parish in Altrincham district, Cheshire; on the rivers Mersey and Bollin, adjacent to Heatley and W. r. station, 5 miles WNW of Altrincham. It has a post-office under Warrington, an iron bridge of 1865, and a large flour mill. Acres, 1,747. Real property, £4,170. Pop., 484. Houses, 89. The manor belongs to R. E. E. Warburton, Esq. A Premonstratensian priory anciently stood here; and was annexed, in 1271, to Cockersand abbey. The living is a rectory, annexed to Lymm. The church is an ancient timber edifice, and was recently restored. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Altrincham
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Altrincham
- Hundred: Bucklow
- Province: York