Tilstone Fearnall is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1837 from chapelry in Bunbury Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Tilston Fearnall
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1838
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TILSTON-FEARNALL, a township and a chapelry in Bunbury parish, Cheshire. The township lies 1 mile N E of Beeston r. station, and 2 SSE of Tarporley. Acres, 864. Real property, £1,529. Pop., 173. Houses, 32. The manor belongs to J. Tollemache, Esq. T. Lodge is the residence of P. Heywood, Esq. The chapelry was constituted in 1837. Post town, Tarporley. Pop., 1,407. Houses, 262. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £100. Patron, J. Tollemache, Esq. The church was built in 1836. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Nantwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Nantwich
- Poor Law Union: Nantwich
- Hundred: Eddisbury
- Province: York