Thelwall is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1737 from chapelry in Runcorn Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1782
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1812
- Warrington St Elfin
- Latchford St James
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
THELWALL, a township-chapelry, with a village, in Runcorn parish, Cheshire; on the river Mersey, the Bridgewater canal, and the Manchester, Lymm, and Warrington railway, 3 miles E by S of Warrington. It has a post-office under Warrington, and a r. station. Acres, 1,417. Real property, £3,766. Pop. in 1851, 347; in 1861, 468 Houses, 81. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Cholmondeley. T. Hall is the seat of J. Nicholson, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £150. Patron, J. Nicholson, Esq. The church was built in 1842, and is in the early English style. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Warrington
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Warrington
- Hundred: Bucklow
- Province: York